05 November, 2017

REVIEW: JANE, UNLIMITED by Kristin Cashore


Title: Jane, Unlimited
Author: Kristin Cashore
Series: -
Genres: YA, Science Fiction, Mystery
Publisher: Kathy Dawson Books
Release: September 19th 2017
Source: Audiobook
Pages: 464

// Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
If you could change your story, would you?

Jane has lived a mostly ordinary life, raised by her recently deceased aunt Magnolia, whom she counted on to turn life into an adventure. Without Aunt Magnolia, Jane is directionless. Then an old acquaintance, the glamorous and capricious Kiran Thrash, blows back into Jane’s life and invites her to a gala at the Thrashes’ extravagant island mansion called Tu Reviens. Jane remembers her aunt telling her: “If anyone ever invites you to Tu Reviens, promise me that you’ll go.”

What Jane doesn’t know is that at Tu Reviens her story will change; the house will offer her five choices that could ultimately determine the course of her untethered life. But every choice comes with a price. She might fall in love, she might lose her life, she might come face-to-face with herself. At Tu Reviens, anything is possible. 



It is a 2017 new release and this is only my opinion, loving this book does not make you any less in my eyes. 

EXPECTATIONS: Okay so I am in that minority who did not like Graceling. Yes yes I know you gonna ask me why on earth did I pick up this book then. Well the truth is I wasn't going to. I read the synopsis and it was really not something I want to read but then Cece really raved about this book and well one thing let to another and I ended up reading it. 

THE WORLD: Okay oh wow how do I explain it? Basically you think it is one world, just an ordinary like hours. When Jane is orphaned she goes to this island and there we have more worlds. Like dimensions and talking animals and aliens and what not. Like super weird and kinda creepy and really really confusing. I don't think I can really explain it to you, you just have to read the book to get it. It's like sci-fi and fantasy and horror and crime all together and it all impacts the world we in. As I said really confusing. 

CHARACTERS: Manyyyyy. But main one is Jane. First of all I think it is an extremely overused name in literature and added nothing to this story. Jane's personality. Oh well wow. So firstly nope juts nope. She is so annoying like what you think annoying but multiply it thousand time and then go to power of thousand. It's this I know it all and everybody loves me but I am a shy grey mouse characters. Well okay maybe not the everybody loves me part cuz other characters don't like Jane much either but hey it's not like you cannot see why. But really, Jane is a horrible character to follow. And then on top of that we have tons of cousins and aunts and uncles and talking dog and then alien invasion. It's like can we please decide on a genre here. 

ROMANCE: There is kissing and stuff and even queer romance but it is so overshadowed by the weirdness of everything else that I would say romance is very very far from the center of this book. 

GOOD: Well I don't know frankly. Talking dog? Alien invasion? The whole thing was so ridiculous that I often just had to laugh so that is good right? No? Oh well I tried. 

BAD: It is like author wanted to write a nice story but could not decide which gender to pick so we did all of them. It is just so confusing and really really did not work for me. Also the character Jane was pretty horrible too. 

OVERALL: I decide that I will just stick with my gut. Yes I know I got really lucky with Strange the Dreamer and that is mainly why I pick up books now I wasn't planning to read but seriously, this is not the first book I should really have stayed away from so from now on I am going with my gut no matter what others say. And oh yes, I do not like really do not recommend Jane, Unlimited. Even if you loved Graceling, that one was way better like way way better. 

What do you think about JANE, UNLIMITED?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment